I’m no baker but I love to whip together a delicious batch of cupcakes. Whenever I make cupcakes I always replace the olive oil with non-fat greek yogurt to make it a little bit healthier.
Blackberry Cupcakes Recipe
Ingredients for Cake
- 1 2/3 cups of cake four
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of vanilla greek yogurt
Ingredients for Frosting
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 8 ounces of reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together 1 2/3 cups of cake four, 1 cup of granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Slowly mix in the butter (using an electric mixer makes this way easier).
- In a separate bowl mix together 1 full egg, 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, and 1 cup of vanilla greek yogurt. When the batter is smooth mix it together with the other bowl.
- Poor the batter into the cupcake pan with liners. Put it into the oven and leave it in for about 20 minutes. Adjust the time based on how fast they cook. With these, overcooking is better than undercooking.
- While the cupcakes are in the oven start working on the frosting. Put all the blackberries into a blender and blend until smooth. Then strain blackberries into a large mixing bowl. Heads up this can be a very trying process. Use a wooden spoon to make it go faster.
- Mix in 1 stick of unsalted butter, 1/2 cups of granulated sugar, and 8 ounces of reduced fat cream cheese. Put it in the refrigerator until the cupcakes cool and are ready to frost.