Over the summer I went on a two-week trip to Italy. The one thing that I learned about Italian cooking while I was there is that olive oil can go on anything. Extra virgin olive oil is high is good for your heart health and way to factor fats into your diet. Olive oil based dressing and sauces are both simple to make and delicious. This lemon chicken is a healthy way to embrace Italian cooking.
- 4 chicken breasts with skin
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 lemons
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Rodelle Herbs de Provence (found at William Sonoma)
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees f
- Put chicken breasts into a casserole dish
- In a mixing bowl zest the first 2 lemons and then squeeze them for juice. Mix together garlic, honey, olive oil, herbs, and brown sugar. Warm the sauce on the stove.
- Poor the sauce evenly over the chicken. Slice up the last lemon and place the slices as a garnish over the chicken. Then bake for about 40 minutes. If the chicken is not fully cooked after 40 minutes put your oven on broil and bake until crispy on the outside.
Recipe inspired by: http://www.swankyrecipes.com/roasted-honey-lemon-chicken.html