My friends and I are obsessed with finding healthy and delicious lunches to bring to school; however, this task is seemingly impossible. While pre made salads are delicious, they are horrifically expensive. Homemade salads are delicious and gentler on your wallet. The trick to making sure it lasts is putting the dressing in a separate container, so the lettuce doesn’t get limp. The grapefruit in the salad smooths skin, boosts your metabolism, and is good for your heart.
- 12 ounces of peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 grapefruits
- 2 tablespoons of chopped tarragon
- 4 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of chopped shallots
- 6 cups of romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a large skillet and then put the shrimp into the skillet. Sprinkle the salt onto the onto the shrimp. Stir for about 3 minutes until done.
- Cut the first grapefruit in half and then squeeze the juice into a bowl and do the same for a lemon. Add olive oil, salt, tarragon, and shallots. (Dressing)
- Peel and cut the grapefruit into sections, then cut the avocado into wedges. Add lettuce into a large mixing bowl along with shrimp, grapefruit, avocado, and dressing.