One of my favorite traditions is making pancakes every Sunday with my Dad. I used to wake up super early and line up all the ingredients so that when my dad finally came down stairs I would be ready. It is unrealistic to think I can make pancakes every weekend but when I do, I want them to be perfect and healthy. I recently discovered the wonders of greek yogurt. From baking to breakfast it the perfect health cooking tool. Greek yogurt helps with digestive health, bone strength, weight management, and blood pressure.
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 2/3 cup of almond milk
- 1/4 cup of low fat butter milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 container nonfat greek vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup of blueberries
- In a mixing bowl add 2 cups of whole wheat flour, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, eggs, 1 2/3 cups of almond milk, 1/4 cup of low fat buttermilk, 1 container of greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons of softened butter, 1 tablespoon of vanilla, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Stir all ingredients together.
- Heat up large skillet to a medium heat. Use the 1/4 measuring cup to poor the batter onto the skillet. Then sprinkle blueberries on the top.
- Flip pancakes when golden. Cook on medium heat so that the middle of the pancake is cooked.
- Use local honey instead os syrup to help with seasonal allergies